Have You Heard?
Lean Six Sigma experts Drew Butler and Tom DeForge are "Taking Care of Business" on HKPO's new "Lean from the Front Lines" podcast.
Each podcast features guest interviews with leaders of some of the world's best Lean Six Sigma organizations. Discussions cover a wide range of topics – from deciding which methodology is best for your company to whether college or vocational school is the right path for your future. Podcasts are available free.
With thirty years of experience in Lean Implementation and the Shingo Model, Drew and Tom share their personal experiences, industry successes, and organizational failures that you have to hear to believe. You should also expect humorous stories and laughs along the way—new episodes are released every Thursday.
Current and upcoming episodes include:
- Tom DeForge, talking about how he moved from being a front-line worker/supervisor to working with the Shingijutsu consulting group – which has direct ties to Taiichi Ohno – and helping to transform Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Engines in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Darren Lambert - Lean? Six Sigma? Theory of Constraints? Lean Six Sigma Master Blackbelt Darren Lambert will help you choose the right methodology for your organization while offering insight into what has and has not worked in his career.
- Fred Joseph, Morris Group - COVID-19 exposed the weaknesses in our supply chain and how the lack of skilled workers impacts the US's ability to compete on the world stage. In this timely discussion with Fred Joseph, Tom & Drew explore vocational education, history, and the future.
- Noel Hennessy, S A Partners – Noel discusses how his small medical device company in Wexford become the first plant in Ireland to win the prestigious Shingo Prize Bronze Medallion, leading to Ireland's national strategy to the adopt the Shingo Model. In Part 2, he discusses how a Lean approach improves business results and leads to higher workforce engagement.
- Jim McNeil, CDI-USA - From a Detroit UAW president to a Lean Champion, Jim McNeil transformed one of the most militant UAW locals in Detroit using people engagement and Lean concepts. If your struggling with change, you do not want to miss this one!
- Jim McNeil & David McNeil, DI-USA - Jim and David discuss their new book - The 5 Keys - Unlocking the Potential in your organization. Hear the five reasons/differences between these two plants and why one has exceptional results while the other never achieved its potential.